NOTE: If you are auditioning with more than one instrument/voice, please prepare separate videos.
- Prepare your spoken intro and prepared piece, as well as the additional audition requirements if you are an instrumentalist.
- Practice making your video and ensure that you are clearly visible and able to be heard. Use a family member to help in the recording process.
- Record your audition on your phone or other recording device. Make sure that the final video is playable and able to be shared.
- Include your video link in the audition form (below). Submissions must be received by Wednesday, June 17.
Here are several good ways to get your video link:
- Put your video on Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive or other file sharing service and submit a shareable link so we can access the video.
- Post your audition as an UNLISTED video on YouTube and share the URL of the video.
- Include the email that you wish to receive further communication from.
- We are only accepting links to video files and not audio only files because we want to see the student play the instrument as well as hear them.
- If you do not have the technical ability to prepare a video at this time, please email Robert Randall (contact info below) to discuss an alternative method for auditioning.
For questions regarding only the video submission process, please email:
Robert Randall, HCHS Music Teacher
For all other inquiries, please email:
Julie Reifer, Art and Music Department Chair
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing from you!